Welcome to Whit's World

Welcome to the randomness that is my life. You can usually find me wandering around somewhere in my head trying to figure it all out. I blog about the loves of my life, my two boys, our new homeschooling journey, and anything else that moves me. I find that writing is the best therapy. Thanks for stopping by, and Be Blessed!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Peregrine Falcon


My oldest son, J, is a walking encyclopedia. He loves to read, you always can find him with a book in arm's length (he totally gets that from his momma!). As we walked to the grocery store several weeks back, he asked me, "Mom, did you know the fastest animal on Earth is not the cheetah?" He went on to tell me all about the peregrine falcon, and it's incredible recorded speeds of over 200 mph. I thanked him for his daily tidbits that always seem to educate me...he beamed with pride the rest of the day.

The truth is though, he teaches me much more than I do him sometimes. Not always nature facts either.

He has taught me...

How to truly take pride in who I am. The true meaning of patience. How to slow down and appreciate the small things. To see the abundant beauty surrounding us. To take leaps of faith. To trust in your heart. To love unconditionally.

...and a whole lot of interesting nature facts!!

Our children are beautiful, innocent creatures of God. I am so blessed to have two awesome little boys whom enable me to grow. Without them, I would not be me.

Be Blessed,

Whit