Welcome to Whit's World

Welcome to the randomness that is my life. You can usually find me wandering around somewhere in my head trying to figure it all out. I blog about the loves of my life, my two boys, our new homeschooling journey, and anything else that moves me. I find that writing is the best therapy. Thanks for stopping by, and Be Blessed!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Introducing, Sadie the Paper Crown Princess (& a Giveaway!)

Congratulations to entry #110, Stacy Kurtz, for tweeting about the giveaway!  She has been emailed and has 48 hours to respond and claim her prize!  Happy June Whit's World readers...have a blessed weekend!

Since beginning this little blog back in the fall, I have met so many fantastic people, and am thrilled to call a lot of them friends. One of these incredible new friends is Amanda N. Evans...and she is now a published author!! She followed her heart, and God's will, and has written the most amazing children's book I have seen in ages!  The book has been beautifully and creatively illustrated by Mandy Newman, and it begins shipping today!!  You can buy your copy(ies) in paperback, or hardback, starting at $10 here:  http://papercrownsadie.com/buy-the-book-pre-order-2/.  Let me formally introduce you now...


Meet Sadie the Paper Crown Princess...is she not the most adorable princess ever?!?!

I had the privilege of attending a launch party for Sadie the Paper Crown Princess, and heard Amanda read the book aloud, and see the beautiful illustrations up close and personal.  I instantly fell in love!  Sadie the Paper Crown Princess is the new modern day princess story. She learns who she really is, and what is truly important in life during her stay at the Princess Academy. The lessons taught in this story reach far beyond just little girls...I was truly inspired by Sadie as well.  Her tomboy ways fully reminded me of myself as a little girl, but the story reminded me of the strength I have inside, and my heart and ability to do for others.


My 2 boys also fell in love with the story (we have read it a dozen times in the past week), the fact that the word PRINCESS was in the title was a non-factor when we began reading.  My oldest son said that he loved that Sadie put others before herself...which brings me to my next point...

We have been discussing brotherly love and compassion the past several months in our homeschool classroom.  This book was perfect to continue that discussion, and to start so many others.  One of Amanda's goals, is to sit down with educators, homeschool parents, etc., to develop a unit study to accompany Sadie the Paper Crown Princess.  I adore this idea, and cannot wait to see it come to life as well!

One more amazing thing that Amanda & Sadie have planned for the month of June, is The Big Give!  This is where you can participate and make a difference too!  A portion of every purchase will go to the charity of your choice:  Mobile Loaves and Fishes, The Ronald McDonald House, or To Ghana...with Love.

So now for the really exciting part...I am thrilled to be giving away a beautiful, 8 X 10, framed picture of the illustration below to one lucky Whit's World reader.  Perfect to hang in your little girl's room, your office as inspiration, the bathroom (this is where mine is)...anywhere really!  Let me tell you how unbelievably hard it was to choose my favorite illustration from the book, but those red cowboy boots took  me back to my childhood too much.


To win you must be a United States citizen and fill out the Rafflecopter form below.  The contest will close Next Friday morning at 12:00 A.M., I will pick a winner that day, and the lucky person will have 48 hours to respond with a mailing address.

Good luck all!!  Get to buying the book, the t-shirts, all of it here:  http://papercrownsadie.com/.  Tell all your friends about Sadie the Paper Crown Princess...and,

Be Blessed,

Whit


a Rafflecopter giveaway

1 comment: