Welcome to Whit's World

Welcome to the randomness that is my life. You can usually find me wandering around somewhere in my head trying to figure it all out. I blog about the loves of my life, my two boys, our new homeschooling journey, and anything else that moves me. I find that writing is the best therapy. Thanks for stopping by, and Be Blessed!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Book Review: Max Lucado's "When God Whispers Your Name"




When my copy of Max Lucado's "When God Whispers Your Name" arrived, I immediately opened the book and settled in on the couch to begin reading...I was lucky that it was nap time.  After reading the 4 page introduction, I knew that I was really going to enjoy and walk away with a lot after reading this one, and I was right.  This book fell into my hands at the perfect time and in the end I truly believe it was a fabulous read!


I like first of all how Max broke the book down into three parts with several small chapters in each.  There is a very useful "Notes" section in the back of the book which lists all the scriptures, sermons, and phrases used throughout the book.  Then, there is a discussion guide with short studies written to not only tie back to the ideas Max wrote about, but also to look deeper at the scriptures referenced.  It took me a little over a month to get through the entire book with all of the included studies, and was well worth all the time spent reading, contemplating, praying and listening.  You can order the book online from Amazon.com or Christianbook.com for around $9.99.


I love how Max Lucado makes you feel like he is right there talking to you and at the same time shows you how clearly the Lord is also right there with you, "whispering your name".  I felt like I was having a conversation with dear friends throughout reading this book and in the end did truly hear the whispers from God.  I would highly recommend this book to anyone:  struggling or not, hurting or not, Christian or not...it just might make you look at things in a different light!


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”