Welcome to Whit's World

Welcome to the randomness that is my life. You can usually find me wandering around somewhere in my head trying to figure it all out. I blog about the loves of my life, my two boys, our new homeschooling journey, and anything else that moves me. I find that writing is the best therapy. Thanks for stopping by, and Be Blessed!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Why I've Been MIA

Hello all,

Goodness, I feel like I have been disconnected for an eternity at this point...even though it's only been a week and a half.  It was more than necessary for me to unplug, detach and take a step back to evaluate a lot of different things happening in my world.  We took a week off from everything...social media, school, stressing out over things we can't control.  The time away was put to excellent use.

I rearranged 4 rooms in my home last week.  The boys now each have their own rooms which has been such a wonderful blessing on many different levels.  J is enjoying having his own space to pull out puzzles, markers, whatever and not have little bro come in and destroy everything.  L has slept amazingly well the past week and a half.  That kid is usually up by 6:00 AM every morning, and yesterday I had to go in and wake him up at 8:15 so we could get going for the day!  The classroom is now in our dining room which has given us much more space.  It also enables L to roam more freely which, in the end, is less of a distraction to J.  The dining room table is now in the breakfast nook in our kitchen...I love having the kitchen table on tile versus carpet!!  All in all, rearranging the house has proven to be such a positive change for us and I don't know why we haven't done it sooner.

I also took a lot of time to sit down and really really prioritize my daily duties.  My number one duty is to live a Godly life, always will be.  I need to make sure that I am always putting my family in a very close second and we had a lot of great quality time last week and wonderful discussions that have been put off way too long.  Every member of the family received an opportunity to express frustrations, discuss them openly and work on a solution that works for all.  It was an awesome way to revamp our attitudes and remember how grateful we all are to have each other.

Finally, I have been wetting my feet with a work at home mom business opportunity.  It has been a little overwhelming trying to understand and grasp it all and then step out of my comfort zone to try and help bring some extra income in.  I have enjoyed the work so far though, and can definitely see it being profitable in the future, it will just be about finding a balance with my already busy schedule.

I get so caught up in driving myself crazy about all of the things that "have" to be done everyday...choosing to step back and take a deep breath was the best decision.  I feel refreshed and revived.  I am not going to drive myself crazy trying to keep up with it all anymore.  I am going to do what I can do every day and let everything else go.  I have still been doing a decent job of meal planning and getting the house in order at night before bed (and yes, the hubby has really stepped up to help out any way he can at home).  I do plan on getting back into my daily exercise and bible study now that I have found a little balance.  My diet and exercise goals have been shot the past week.  I owe all of my new Mamavation Sistas an apology for joining and being completely absent and invisible immediately following.  Hopefully this will explain a little more about why.  

I hope that everyone is off to a great start to their week!  Take a minute for you today...take a deep breath, stop worrying for 10 minutes about that list you keep adding to every time you turn around.  It's amazing how far that will go!

Be Blessed,

Whit