Welcome to Whit's World

Welcome to the randomness that is my life. You can usually find me wandering around somewhere in my head trying to figure it all out. I blog about the loves of my life, my two boys, our new homeschooling journey, and anything else that moves me. I find that writing is the best therapy. Thanks for stopping by, and Be Blessed!

Monday, August 15, 2011

The Dreaded First Gray Hair

Well, I can't even believe I am going to admit this, but I found my first gray hair this weekend. My husband just about needed to give me CPR as I stood in front of the mirror in total and complete shock and horror! I am only 29 years old, I am flipping out about turning 30 next year, and now this! You have got to be kidding me!?!? No I did not capture the moment with a camera, I got a pair of scissors and immediately discarded of the culprit.
I guess I kind of had that coming to me as I have been seriously harassing my hubby for the past 3 years about the growing number of grays on his head. I have gone as far as nicknaming him my silver fox as his denial can no longer exist. With that said, he found my discovery extremely humorous, I can't say that I blame him. However, here is my concern, I am only 29! I am about to begin homeschooling my oldest son which I'm sure will start rapidly increasing the gray count daily. Also, our 15 month old has to be the wildest craziest toddler you have ever seen. Every time I turn around he is climbing something, running 50 miles an hour to the one thing he can't play with, or tearing something apart. We are not even close to beginning the teenage years either, ahhhhhhhhh! It's all over now huh?!
I used to color my hair often, but there is no time or money for that anymore so I see lots of boxes of hair color in my future. (If you have a brand that you love please share!!) I guess I am officially a "grown up" now!

Have a great night everyone,
Whit

1 comment:

  1. Oh I tweeted with you about this! I feel your pain, I am in my mid twenties, have gray hair! :,( and less time to take care of me! If you were near, we'd have to go shopping for those boxes of hair dye together. Eeeek... >_''<
    lol!
    I am here with you!

    ReplyDelete